B-3 / the managers house - Danish stock work building, raised 1752
The managerial building was raised in 1752 and has been the home of colonial managers in Qasigiannguit until 1955, where the building was converted into an office for the royal Greenlandic trade (KGH). In 1988 the building was given over to the commune and the building was opened for use by the local museum.
Today the building houses:
Kiosk and tickets sale and toiletries
Library and photo archive
- The founding of the town
- Shrimp production in Qasigiannguit
- Women’s clothes and costume parts
- Changing special exhibitions
The garden behind the building:
Around and behind the building has been the home of a large garden used for vegetables and flowers. Over time the size of the garden has been reduced. These days it’s the home of a small outdoor exhibit and cultivated cold frames.
During the summer months, benches are placed to allow the visitors to sit and relax while having a view of the harbour and bay area.